What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Sunday, November 23, 2014

I Read The News Today, Oh Boy


In the early 70's a few records came up with fake newspapers as their cover.  Here are some examples.



Jefferson Airplane - Volunteers.  (RCA 1969)

This is one of the earliest ones from 1969.   A mock conservative newspaper with drug references throughout.  


























Included as an insert with more of the fake conservative newspaper.  




Then used the following day to wrap a sandwich.








John & Yoko - Sometime in New York City (Apple 1973)

Since the music on this album was topical, might as well make it appear as it's front page news



Jethro Tull - Thick as a Brick (Reprise 1972)

This parody cover from 1972 actually folds out to to a full size newspaper.  Its around 16 pages.  





No comments:

Post a Comment