What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Sunday, April 16, 2017

I Finally Found It - My Holy Grail - Fun and Care of a Gerbil

I purchased my original at long departed and sorely missed Pic'n Save.  Pic 'n Save was basically a store that took on products that wouldn't sell anywhere else.   Every so often they had records.

For 15 cents (I know because the others I have in the series still have the price tag) I picked up pet care records.




But there was one in series that was a bit special.  It made the rounds at parties.  It was absolutely hilarious.  I no longer had it.  It must have been left at someone's house after another gut busting listen.   I still have two others in the series, but none were as good as this one.....



But today I found it at my local vinyl emporium.  It, of course, drew discussion from the friendly clerks.  I explained that I had a copy long ago and was thrilled to have a copy again.  We put it on in the store.  Comedy ensued and we were in agreement it was still comedy gold.



It's hard to think of a gerbil without thinking of Richard Gere.  This is one of the ironies that makes this record such a classic.  In actuality, a gerbil is a relative of the hamster that likes to burrow
and gnaw on wood.  They are illegal to own in California.

Have a listen









No comments:

Post a Comment