What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Sunday, April 30, 2017

Record Store Day Haul


This was another year where I saw the first list and said I didn't need anything.  As more titles emerged, my want list expanded.  Unfortunately, Record Store Day happened on the weekend of my corporate retreat in New Orleans.

My daughter stepped in to save the day.  A few months ago, I gave her a Technics SL-D2 cobbled together from a few old ones that fell into disrepair.  I couldn't have a kid of mine get a Crossley.

She came down to housesit while my wife and I went to The Big Easy.   She took my list and compiled a list of her own.

So I ended up with this:


I went out shopping a bit in New Orleans and got a few more titles.  The Ramones box is for her as it's a title she couldn't snag in LA.  If she managed to snag it, I would hold onto this.

On Sunday, one store was still giving away the canvas bags - which were already selling on eBay for about $15



No comments:

Post a Comment