What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Monday, April 24, 2017

Not Quite a Holy Grail (but i've been looking for this 45 for quite a while in the stacks and stacks of 45's i go through on a regular basis)

In 1974, The Faces attempted to make a new album to follow 'Ooh La La.'    They booked some studio time and set off to work.  The sessions didn't go so well.  My personal speculation points to Rod Stewart's ego as the problem.

The sessions produced one final single for the band.  Billed as Faces/Rod Stewart.

Faces/Rod Stewart  - You Can Make Me Dance, Sing or Anything (even take the dog for a walk, mend a fuse, fold away the ironing board or any other domestic short comings)   b/w As Long as You Tell Him  (Warner Brothers 1974)

Yes, that title is a mouthful.


The A side is a slightly danceable groove number.  This single marks the only studio recorded appearance of Tetsu Yamauchi - the bass player who replaced Ronnie Lane as The Faces were Falling apart.

The B side is a slow burner soul number




Although I probably would have preferred a big hole American version, I haven't seen one in all the times I dig through the singles bin.  I snapped up this UK version when I saw it.  

I really hate the Warner Brothers 'trees' label during this period.



No comments:

Post a Comment