What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Thursday, April 6, 2017

Swinging Blue Jeans


When The Beatles hit it big, just about any band from Liverpool got signed.  One of these was The Swinging Blue Jeans.

This is their only LP released in the USA

The Swinging Blue Jeans  - Hippy Hippy Shake (Imperial 1964)

Their biggest hit - Hippy Hippy Shake  - was a cover of Chan Romero's hit from 1959.   The Beatles had already included it in their early club sets and performed it on the BBC.   It's an irresistible rocker that's hard to screw up.  The song has that 'you can't sit down' feeling and the Swinging Blue Jeans do it justice.     

But let's talk about the cover.


There is a story (or two) here.

My first thought was that the guys got their pants wet, hung them up to dry and are hiding pants-less behind a pole.

Then I thought maybe they just decided to take their pants off and hide behind the pole for a lark.  Granny strolling through the park - surprise!

Or maybe they spotted four guys at the swimmin' hole and are waiting for the right moment to steal their pants.



The remainder of the record consists of filler.  Some if it rocks, some of it just lies there like blue jeans in the laundry pile.

Have a listen to the Hippy Hippy Shake




No comments:

Post a Comment