What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Saturday, April 1, 2017

Company Sleeves

Many 45's did not come with picture sleeves.  Instead, most record labels had company sleeves.   On 45's that came with picture sleeves, these often replaced the sleeve when the initial run - and chart potential - was depleted.



Care and feeding of 45's among teenagers in the '60's was not common thing.  Sleeves were often tossed.   45's were stacked on record changers.  As a result, several were out of their sleeves at the same time.  This led to the records and sleeves being mismatched.  



I've tried my best to reunite them in my collection.  When buying a big box of 45's, the sleeves are more often than not mismatched - if they exist at all.




I use this site to get the most accurate era appropriate matches:

http://www.bigboppa.co.uk/45-sleeves/





No comments:

Post a Comment