What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Monday, October 20, 2014

Halloween is Getting Close - Ready for The Monster Mash?



Bobby (Boris) Pickett.   I guess the name would define 'one hit wonder.'  The guy took a passable Boris Karloff impression and mashed it up with a dance craze record.  The result rises from the grave every Halloween.  


Monster Mash b/w Monsters' Mash Party

The 45 I have is an original.  According to Wikipedia (so it's gotta be true) Leon Russell plays on it.   Produced by Gary Paxton and released on Garpax records in 1962.   That's GAR(y)PAX(ton) Records.    It's catalog number P-1.  Unclear on whether or not there was a P-2.   Not only was the artist a one hit wonder, but the label may have been as well.




I'm quite fond of the B-Side.  One of those records where you can listen to someone else have a party.  It's a bunch of bad jokes with instrumental accompaniment.




No comments:

Post a Comment