What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Friday, October 10, 2014

Oktoberfest!


Yes ladies, it's October.  When a young man's fancy turns to beer.  

Well, the only thing that makes October any different in this regard is that there is an unofficial holiday built around it.  It started with the Germans.  They enjoyed their beer in gardens.  I understand the retractable lids on their beer steins are there to prevent birds in the garden from seasoning their beer.

At any rate, there are several 'beer drinking' albums available.  This is one of my favorites.

Nach Hause Geh'n Wir Nicht




Loosely translated, the title is 'We're Never Going Home'   If that guy with the tiny hat and the pretzel is saying this, I bet there's a fraulein and some kinder who are pretty happy.  Can you imagine having THAT come home in a drunken loud stupor?








The subtitle on this record is 'Frohliche Musik Zum Singen, Tanzen, und Zuhoren'   (pardon my lack of umlaut).  This loosely translates as 'Lively Music for Singing, Dancing and Listening'   Personally, I thought 'Zu-Whorin'' would translate differently.






1 comment:

  1. I needed to thank you for this good read!!
    I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you book-marked to look at new
    stuff you post…

    ReplyDelete