What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Monday, September 15, 2014

Ladies and Gentlemen - The Rolling Stones!


That says it all!.  The most exciting phrase in show business! 

I've been posting a lot of oddball and goofy stuff lately, but that's not my primary focus in amassing records.  I love Rock and Roll.  And I love the Rolling Stones.   

As those who have been following know, I also love 45's.    Well one thing that's even more fun than a 45 is a vintage 45 with a picture sleeve.  Here are some Rolling Stones ones that I particularly enjoy.  I won't disclose where I got these.  Let's just say I paid much less than they were worth.


Jumpin' Jack Flash b/w Child of the Moon    (1968)

The Rolling Stones emerge from the psychedelic detour of 1967 with one of the strongest and most durable rock and roll songs ever.   Played at virtually every show since.  Usually in the important  opening, closing or encore slots.






This 45 has a lot of umph.  A very loud mono mix.  Sounds great cranked up to 11.  The last single for Brian.  Charlie's doing Uncle Fester.


Honky Tonk Women b/w You Can't Always Get What You Want   (1969)

Mick Taylor joins the band as lead guitarist.  This is his debut recording.  The standout performance here is blending of Keith's guitar riffs and Charlie's drumming.  They're completing each other's sentences.   Another one of those songs the Stones have to play at every concert.





Mono mix of both.  YCAGWYW (as the setlist transcribers call it) is the short version without the choir.    Picture sleeve features the new guy behind the bar.  Mick is dressed as a sailor.  It wouldn't be the last time.

And as an extra added treat....




No comments:

Post a Comment