What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Meet Goober Pyle



George Lindsey played Goober on the Andy Griffith Show.  His character was the brother of Gomer Pyle who set out to join the marines.  Sometime after Gomer left Mayberry, he manages to record a bunch of songs where he sounded like one of the three tenors.

Well if Gomer can do it, why not Goober.   He doesn't sound like one of the three tenors.


Check it out.  It's signed by the artist, but I got it for less than a buck.  

So it looks like Goober decided to hitchhike to Bakersfield.  Bakersfield would be about 3,500 miles from Mayberry.  Looks like he made it pretty far as he's already on the 5 near Gorman.  Hope he gets to stop for ice cream at Dewar's.  





On the back there seems to be an ad for a previous album called 'Goober Sings'

You'll also notice that the album was at one time in the cutout bin (as evidenced by the giant hole in the cover).  I can imagine the fan coming up to him asking to sign an album that was already in closeout.  Would he be touched or humiliated?

I got this record at Record Trader in Reseda which is no longer there. 


No comments:

Post a Comment