What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Monday, September 1, 2014

Louie Louie





I believe this is my first record.   Probably purchased at Scotti's Records  in Summit, NJ.   The store is still there.  Check their website.  I haven't been there since the late 60's.  I have no idea what they're like now, but please support them because of all the joy they brought me as a child.   I bought 'More of the Monkees' there.  The first record I got day of release.

Louie Louie  record was controversial at the time because some thought the lyrics were obscene.   It's just that the pudgy blonde frat boy in the band couldn't quite master the Jamaican dialect.   One needs only to reference the original by Richard Berry or hear versions by The Kinks or Paul Revere and the Raiders to be set straight.  If you'd like to hear an actual obscene version, take a listen to any one of the live recordings of the song by Iggy Pop.

Th Kingsmen had one one other hit.  Jolly Green Giant.  Have no idea where they are now.  Perhaps they're playing frat reunion parties.

Website:  Scottie's Records

No comments:

Post a Comment