What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Friday, September 26, 2014

Third Man Records, Nashville, TN


Jack White is a big fan of records and all they represent.  He set up shop in Nashville, TN where he founded his record label, Third Man Records.  In addition, the enterprise consists of a rehearsal and recording studio.  Many artists came through these doors and cut one-off singles.  

I paid a visit to the studio store. Excuse the quality of the picture.  The sun was not cooperating to give me the best lighting of the facade.


Hipsters impressed by my late model rental car from Avis


The store itself is in an industrial part of Nashville just east (or south - got turned around) of Downtown.  Stock consists almost exclusively of vinyl.  Most everything recorded at the studio is available there.  T-Shirts and souvenirs as well.  It's all designed in Jack's current color scheme for the label - yellow and black.

Third man pulled off a stunt to make the world's fastest record on Record Store Day 2013.  They recorded something quick in the morning and had the finished product available for sale later that same afternoon.



No comments:

Post a Comment