What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Thursday, September 11, 2014

The Ames Brothers - Destination Moon







8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 LET'S GO!
Come and take a trip
On my rocket ship
We'll have a lovely afternoon....

Space age sci-fi at it's best.  Did you know the 1969 moon landing was not the first. The Ames Brothers were there first in 1959.  No need for a space suit when you're wearing a tuxedo.  No space helmet because the air is fine.  No atmosphere, no problem. 

It looks like they found a lot of bitchen rocks, though.


Cover lists credits for dress, shoes, jewelry and gloves.    I wonder if they forgot to change the liner notes after they switched to this picture from typical 50's cheesecake.  


So away we steal
In a space-mobile
A supersonic honeymoon
Leave your cares below
Pull the switch, LET'S GO!
8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
DESTINATION MOON!


I got this at at thrift store in the Atwater Village neighborhood of Los Angeles.  When Silver Lake could not longer hold all the hipsters (and hipster oriented businesses) they spilled over into Atwater Village and Echo Park.




No comments:

Post a Comment