What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Thursday, September 4, 2014

We're Having a Holiday in Hawaii




Well one of you is at least.

Don't mean to lift my leg on your beach blanket, little boy In a bikini, but....

Hawaii is rabies free.   As a result they have strict quarantine laws for pets.    At minimum it's five days.    Maximum is 120 days.   

So while you're frolicking on the beach and learning the hula, Lassie is in a dark, damp Hawaiian doggie prison.  Just passing the time scanning the countryside for nene and mongeese through the tiny window.    Only poi and water for nourishment.   Marking the days on the calendar with paw prints.   Rattling his doggie dish against the iron bars to get attention.   

Poochie may get one day to frolick on the beach with his wierd looking friend.  Next day it's back in the crate and into the cargo hold of an aircraft for six hours.   Who knows what kind of re-entry rules apply in the state they came from.  

This is probably why Fido doesn't look so happy in the picture.   After his stint in the big house, he was thrown into the water to make it seem like he was on vacation.   We all know you're not really on a family vacation unless somebody gets wet at some point.  

I think I picked this one up at a thrift store.   It once belonged to someone named Terpstra.  They must have been afraid of losing it at a luau.   

If the intent of this cover was to sell records, then they succeeded.   I shelled out a hard earned 50 cents for it.  



No comments:

Post a Comment